Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Great Outdoors plus a Guest Designer - Week 2


Happy Sunday everyone!

As this post goes out to blogland I am actually camping!  We are just getting up and starting a little campfire to enjoy while we drink coffee/tea and cook bacon (I know, the cholesterol!).  Of course this is fitting considering that our challenge is to create any scene showing the great outdoors.

This week we have a special guest designer, Tracey from Thunder Bay, Ontario.

Hello! My Name is Tracey Dampier and I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, nestled in picturesque amethyst country. I have been happily married to my high school sweetheart for 26+ years. We have a wonderful son and daughter as well as a fabulous grand-daughter, 4 yrs and grand-son, 1 yr. I am also "Mom" to my 2 precious fur-babies, Angel and Zeus (a pair of 6 year old Shih Tzus).

For as long as I can remember, I have always enjoyed working on various crafts, having hand sewn a double bed sized quilt using my grandmother's material scraps when I was 13 years old (I still have it). I first caught the scrapbooking/papercrafting bug in 2000 and have been hopelessly addicted to it ever since. I began making cards in 2007, and I especially love to use flowers, ribbon, bling and lace as well as a bit of sewing from time to time on my cards and layouts. My newest "must have" supply is Copics.


As my hubby and I live on an acre of property, I draw a lot of inspiration for my papercrafting from my surroundings. In the summer I love to watch the assortment of birds that visit my feeders, butterflies in my gardens, bunnies and deer in our field and the squirrels that frolic in our trees. Winter time transforms my yard into a landscape of snow draped trees, twinkling lights and snowmen built by my grand-daughter. When I am not planning a new card, I am photographing my grand-children and fur-babies for new scrapbook pages. Thankfully, my husband is a very understanding man who encourages me to spend time working on this craft. When you have a moment, feel free to stop by my personal blog, Serene-Stamper and say 'Hello'. See you all in Blogland!
Hugs xo


Thank you Tracey.  Now on to our regular design team members who have created more amazing scenes for your inspiration.




The design team and I are looking forward to seeing your wonderful scenic creations.  Please enter your stamped or digi scenes that are finished projects (no ATC's or unmounted work).  

You may enter up to 3 times and as many other challenges as you wish.  If you do not have a blog or account on Split Coast Stampers, then just email me a picture of the piece and I will add it to one of our posts.  Click here to find Mr. Linky.  

Don't forget to add GDT to your link if you wish to be considered for a guest spot. We would love to tell our readers more about you and showcase your beautiful work.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday!!
NancyD

5 comments:

Dora said...

this is beautiful.
nice to read about the story of tracey.
nature is always so great to see what the animals are doing.
greetings dora

Cheryl First said...

Gorgeous samples, and beautiful work from the GDT as well!
I don't see a Mr. Linky to link mine up, so I'll check back later! :0)

Tracey said...

Hi Cheryl: Mr. Linky is under the original challenge post from last Sunday, August 5th.

Hi Dora: Thank you so much for your fabulous comment! I love the DT samples from this week too. The DT always make some amazing creations!
Hugs to all xo

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

A beautful scene there Tracey and great to see your work along with rest of DT Shaz in Oz.x

Carole of Brum said...

Hi I've just found your challenge, and I'll be looking out for it from now on because I just LOVE making scenes from digi stamps! The DT samples are fantastic!