Sunday, October 28, 2012

Majestic Mountains - Final Week


This is the final week of our theme "Majestic Mountains".  You have just six days left to get your fabulous mountain scenes linked below.

I have another wonderful email entry for you from Dawn Rogers.


Greetings from Yorkshire, England!   I was trying out a direct-to-paper technique, as demonstrated in a Michelle Zindorf tutorial.
I didn't have the right inks, but I made do with what was to hand - some cheap pigment ink pads that I used for the direct-to-paper technique to make the sky and the lake.  I then sponged in the foreground and the mountains, using torn paper for a mask (turning it upside down to make the reflection of the mountains).

The three stamps are all from Lavinia Stamps (http://laviniastamps.com/ ) - I love her silhouette stamps, it's so easy to create an interesting scene with them.

Now on to our new design team inspiration....






Maggie - Silver Crafter


Don't forget that Dora has a free digi of her super majestic mountains available on her blog.

We have a great stamp set from Sheena Douglas supplied by the design team as our prize this month for the random winner.


Okay folks, now it is your turn to create a scene with mountains.  We are looking for stamped or digi scenes that are finished projects (no ATC's or unmounted work).  If you are not sure what constitutes a scenic project, check out the information here.

You may enter up to 3 times and as many challenges as you wish.  If you do not have a blog or account on Split Coast Stampers, then just email me a picture of the piece and I will add it to one of our posts.  


Here is the link to the challenge post.  Don't forget to add GDT to your link if you wish to be considered for a guest spot.


Have fun creating!
NancyD

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Dawn your design is just gorgeous and love the idea of making a desk calendar.
Thank Design Team for your beautiful designs. Such wonderful inspirations
~Hugs Deanna

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I hope you are reading this, Dawn. That is such a pretty project and the colours are so peaceful and cool - lovely. xx Maggie

Dora said...

hello Dawn,
this is a beautiful project with the calender.
your colours and combine the stamps are amzing.
I find the cattails in the front???(I don't know how it called, sorry) so great.
beautiful done!!
greetings

Colleen said...

Nancy,
Beautiful inspiration as always :) I love Dawn's calender creation!

JomadaDawn said...

Thanks, everyone, for the encouraging comments
- and thanks, too, to the Design Team (and entrants) for posting up some wonderful inspiration!
I really enjoy taking part in this challenge, but I don't have a blog so I'm pleased that Nancy is happy to accept email entries.
Dora - the "cattails" is a Lavinia Stamp - "bullrushes"

Dora said...

thank you, Dawn for the answer about the 'bullrushes'!
greetings